Insurance and Payment Policy
Capitol Nutrition Group is an “out of network” provider for all insurances. Although we do not file insurance claims, we can provide you with the documentation necessary for you to file your claim with your insurance company. We do not participate in medicare, nor do we provide medicare “opt out” letters.
All appointments are considered “fee-for-service.” Appointment fees are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, or credit card (3% processing fee is added to all credit card charges). We accept HSA/FSA cards with a major credit card logo. Please bring an alternate form of payment the first time you are using HSA/FSA cards in case there is a problem. A receipt can be provided upon your request for all services.
Submitting Claims to Insurance for Out-of-Network Reimbursement
If you have health insurance, you may have “out of network” benefits that could cover a percentage of your appointment fees. Contact your insurance company directly to determine if your insurance company will reimburse you for the cost of appointments. We will provide you with the medical superbill when a nutrition-related diagnosis code is provided. You submit this form to your insurance company directly for reimbursement.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see a registered dietitian? Provide the following CPT codes to your insurance company representative: Dietitian: initial session 97802 and follow-up sessions 97803
- What percentage do you cover?
- Is preauthorization required in order to submit an out-of-network claim?
- What is the deductible, and how much of the deductible have I met?
- How many sessions are covered and within what time period?
- What forms do I need to submit to qualify for reimbursement?
Sliding Scale Rates
We have a limited number of sliding scale appointment slots available. If you have a financial hardship, please contact us to discuss your personal financial situation or for questions about fees.